Monday, March 29, 2010

it's monday... what else to say?

i've come to realization that my scale must be stuck. it must be. it's been sitting there at 218 for the past three days. no movement at all. what's wrong with it??? i figured this might happen when i started mushies but i really hoped that it wouldn't. sigh. i guess this would be a good time to put my "official stats" in for now. so here they are....


HIGHEST WT. -- 240 lbs
SURGERY DAY -- 233 lbs
CURRENT WT -- 218 lbs

TOTAL LOSS -- 22 lbs

TOTAL POST SURGERY LOSS -- 15 lbs


and here is some pics that i took on my first post op appt day. i was 221 lbs here in the pics so 12 pounds down.



if you're wondering why i cut my head off, it's because i'm in the witness protection program. well... sorta.... the i don't want certain someone's seeing this blog protection program. lol

now.... here's what else i have to say.... i've been being "bad" lately. yep. i've had ice cream several times and i've noticed that i've been having huge urges to snack and eat even when i'm not hungry. i need an outlet for my energy but don't have one right now. you'd think that with just having recently moved i'd wanna devote restless energy to unpacking boxes and getting things organized. well, nope. my energy seems to just diminish when i think about doing those things. go figure! i need to get that damned elliptical i keep talking about. that way i could be watching tv and doing something productive - working out. but money is kinda tight right now and i'll have to see how the budget goes.

that's another thing.... right now i'm being the "stay at home mom". my husband is enjoying me being home as that's how he was raised (the mom stays home, the dad works). but i feel almost useless sometimes and like i should be out doing something; aka working. i mean, i've been on my own and working since i was 16 years old. it feels wierd to just not be doing it. and since both my kids are school age and in school all day it's like i'm staying at home for nothing.

i told my husband yesterday (while viewing the sunday sales ads) that i wanted to start working again. he said why and i was like, "so i'll have more money to spend!". i mean, that's as good a reason as any, right? he laughed. but really, i miss having funds to play with as i like as much as i like. i never realized how much more we could do when we were a two income family.

but anyway....

it's time for me to go now. i'm going to go for a walk. trying to up my exercise and all, ya know?

5 comments:

  1. It's hard when the scales stall for a while. Hang in there it will drop again soon :-)

    I too am in the I "don't want certain someone's seeing this blog protection program" lol!

    Good luck with unpacking (yuck)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scale will move, just stick with it. I understand that ice cream, snacking and lack of motivation...been there. I hope things look up soon and maybe a good part time job will come along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know having a job, even part time, is really a great thing for our mental well-being, I think. It can give you a sense of accomplishment and raise your self-esteem, and its just good to use your skills outside of home related stuff sometimes. Can you explain this to DH? I have always worked, even with 4 kids -- right now not much, but it is still there. And I am glad I have it. My friend recently started working after nearly 10 years of stay at home mom-ing and she is really enjoying it.

    As for the scale...mushies do seem to stall many of us. Believe me, one day the snacking will be a thing of the past!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also had a hard time not snacking and eating when I'm not hungry. It sucks! I have a few hobbies but with my three little kids running around it's kind of hard. Anyways, I've found that I'll start walking into the kitchen for no reason at all and that's when I grab something to snack on. So, if I don't have a specific purpose to be there I won't go in there. It's been hard but working so far. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holl, just found your blog and you're doing great! 15 lbs. in 18 days? Seriously? That's AWESOME WL! Can't wait to see you progress (we started at about the same weight!

    Oh, and work if you want to...somewhere you like to buy things and can get a discount even!

    -BG I'm here:
    http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete