Monday, May 3, 2010

go! fight! win!


 well, guess who's the newest cheer coach for my daughter's squad at school? me. yep. that's right. me who has never cheered a day in her life. although i died to be a cheerleader when i was my daughter's age, my mom was a single parent and couldn't afford it. not to mention that i wasn't a popular kid and they seemed to be the only ones who made it on the squad. nowadays it's different though. well, at least for my daughter's school it is. any girl who wants to cheer is accepted onto the squad as long as you buy all the super expensive stuff that goes along with being a cheerleader. which is part of one of the perks of being a coach... discounts!!!

honestly though, i'm pretty excited about it. i get to do something fun with my girl. she feels super special as her mom is a coach. and hopefully this will ensure her preferential placement in the formation at performances and etc. and did i mention discounts??? i'm all about saving some money!

thank goodness i'm only going to be ONE of the coaches. there will be like three of us total. one of which is the very experienced lady who started the squad in the first place. so i guess i'll be looking at lots of "cheer training" in the near future. lol

oddly enough, one of the first things i thought of when the idea of coaching was brought up to me was that i'll be losing weight so i will be skinnier. woohoo! lol i guess i was just thinking of that whole prerequisite that cheerleaders (and their coaches) are usually super skinny. well, i can't say i'll be super skinny or skinny at all. but i will definitely be skinnier! and that's a great thing. both for me in general and for this new cheer thing i'm taking on.

so i was once the cheer mom, now i will be the cheer coach. wow!  


oh...and p.s.... that pic at the top....that's my girl. i know it's tiny but i'm a spaz about putting real pics on the internet! =P



4 comments:

  1. What a cutie!!

    I would have loved to have been a cheerleader - they didn't have them at my school - but I had the pom pom's :-)

    hmmmmm.... wish I had me some pom pom's again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! How cool you get to be a coach! I was a cheerleader in high school -- not a very good one, but I got to wear the skirt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! And I think you will be an amazing role model to girls! And good luck with the choreography - it can take FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a cutie & you will rock as her coach!!!! Get this - I was 5 months pregnant with Emily & was asked to be an assistant coach for Samantha's group - I was never a cheerleader - not the type :( But, in the end , pregnant & all I really loved doing it.

    ReplyDelete