this morning i am frustrated... with my scale. not sure what to think or what to accept as my "real" weight. here's the deal:
it's one of those digital health o meter scales that's supposed to be as accurate as a doc's scale. and a while back (the day of my first post op visit with my doc) i weighed myself on it. ok great. then at my doc's appt later that day, my doc's scale said i weighed 4 pounds LESS than my home scale. so i was like "ok.... there's a four pound difference here and i will subtract that four pounds everytime i weigh so i will stay in tune with the doc's scale".
well, this time when i went for my visit on this past wednesday, the doc's scale said i only weighed 2 pounds less. so i was like hmmmm.... i don't get it.
i talked to a fellow bander friend of mine who said that it was probably the clothes i was weighing since jeans weigh more than pj pants (and i always weigh in pj pants in the morning).
regardless, i've been sticking with the minus four pounds thing until this morning. this morning i weighed myself and it said 215. ok... so minus four pounds that would be 211 or minus two pounds that would be 213. which one am i? i went with 213 for my tickers as i thought it was the safer choice but i would love to go with the 211. i dunno what to think.
what do ya'll think? how much do i freaking weigh??? ahhhhh!!!!! lol




I go with what my scale says. It is too hard to remember what I was wearing when I weighed at the doc's office, did I drink coffee, did I eat anything, blah, blah, blah. I weigh myself after I have a cup of coffee and go to the bathroom. I am always naked and I weigh before I get into the shower each morning.
ReplyDeleteI'm with ya!!! On my doctor's scale I weight 3.5 kg MORE than at home!!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I never weighed myself at home before surgery so I'm kinda stuck with the doctor's scale for a true idea of how much weight I've lost!!
Split the difference and go with 212! Scales blow!
ReplyDeleteGo with your own scale, because that is the one you have to live with. I weigh 4 lbs less on my doc's scale too! But I have come to accept that their scale is the wrong one, sadly.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your sweet comments.