Thursday, April 22, 2010

going down?

i believe my scale (or maybe it's me)  is getting "back on track" now. and it's about time. it just told me that i am on the brink of being back at 215 where i was earlier in the week. i'm hoping it continues to take the downward path and not the upwards one again. i'm determined to get that bugger down to 200. well, 204 since my scale is 4 pounds off. damned scale.

on another note..... i been wondering what everyone  else is doing for exercise. so do ya'll wanna share that? i know what some of ya'll are doing but i want more input. like johnny five from that movie in the 80's! lol i've been doing walking, walk in home dvd's, the elliptical (although not as often as i thought i would when i bought it), and some bike riding. mainly walking though. variations of the dvd's and really doing it on a track outside. i'm also about to get wii fitness coach which is a fitness program but not exactly wii fit. it's gotten good reviews though.

and here's a thought on batwings. i don't have any yet (and pray i don't get them but know i prolly will) but has anyone thought of or tried the shake weight? the commerical came on about a zillion times last night and i was wondering if i should give it a try. they even have one out for men now although the men's version is $10 more than the women's. 

but anyway ya'll... telll me your thoughts. please!


5 comments:

  1. Ok - you asked - so here goes :-)

    I go to the gym 2 - 3 times a week. I mainly do cardio (because I want to burn calories and I just don't have the time for the weights - my little one just copes with an hour in the creche).

    I do 15 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes on the rower, 5 minutes on the elliptical (machine from HELL) and then 15 on the treadmill.

    On the treadmill I walk for 3 minutes and run for 2.

    I don't think it matters exactly what you do - as long as you get moving. It sounds like you are incorporating heaps of different forms of exercise into your life - you are doing great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I am relegated to just walking for a few more weeks (my surgeon requires 6 weeks of just walking post-op). I've been trying to walk every day for a couple miles.

    Even though I'm not supposed to, I did some light hand weights the other day. I already have bat wings so I was trying to mitigate the problem! I might try the Wii Fit soon, as well.

    For me at least, changing up activities helps prevent boredom and plateaus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on a 30 day challenge and its 30 minutes each day...walking, running C25K, trainer once a week, gym and weights. I am finally seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walk 30 minutes each morning, seven days a week. I also ride my bike about three times a week. I am trying to add an evening walk too and am getting that in a couple of times a week usually. My only other exercise is grocery shopping, cleaning house, mowing the lawn, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the elliptical 5-6 nights a week for half an hour. I also do some Pilates DVDs that I have. And chasing my kids, does that count? ;)

    ReplyDelete